Two births or two deaths

Jesus has come to deliver you and me from the second death.  You and I have a choice--we can either be born twice or die twice.  The reason why we need to be born the second time--is because the first time we were born we were born sinners falling short of God's perfect standard.  This is easily seen in children.  You never have to teach a child to lie--they will do so quite naturally.  Why?  Because everyone is born with a sin tendency--a sin nature that needs to be repaired or changed.

This is the ministry and mission of Jesus.  Jesus came to change our sin natures into righteous natures.

If you will surrender to Jesus--receive the 'born from above' cleansing--the second birth--you will escape the 'second death.'  The second death is God's just nature removing from His presence all who sin and defile His Holy name:

Revelation 21:6-8  He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.  He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.  But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practise magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This is the second death.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to hate your sin

Dumb Mistakes

Duh--What church should I attend?