Be careful what you say about yourself!
- I am strong! I would never deny you! I’m the man!
- Can’t pray… would rather sleep—even after Jesus’ appeal for prayer partners!
- Cuts off the servants ear.
- Runs likes a rabbit.
- Follows at a distance.
- Denies knowing Jesus at all.
- Weeps like a baby.
Is this the average day in the life of Peter? Is this the average day for any one of us? Peter is in and out of consolation/ desolation.
He is ‘Peter’ confident… not ‘God’ confident.
- Don’t boast… you don’t know what you would do. You don’t know what you would say!
- Pray—pray lots.
- Pray some more!
- Repeat the first three lessons.