Is there a hell?
Is there a ‘hell’?
The Bible and preachers use various terminologies in reference to ‘hell.’
- It is a Christ-less eternity.
- It is an eternal separation—eternal punishment.
- It is a lake of eternal fire.
- It is a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- It is highly populated.
- It is a blazing furnace.
Hell becomes—in the final analysis of things—a ‘God-less’ place.
Hell is the place where God is not. Hell becomes—for some people—the place they’ve always wanted.
It is a place where there is no ‘God.’
It is a place where there is no mention of Jesus Christ as the living, resurrected, saving Lord.
Millions of people have not believed in God.
Millions of people wish God would just go away and mind His own business.
Millions of people have wanted to live their life—‘…my way.”
That is hell.
Hell has no presence of God. Hell has no sense of God.
Which means the following:
- Hell is dark—because only God is light.
- Hell is hatred—become love comes only from God.
- Hell is loneliness—because sociality comes from God.
- Hell is misery, cold, damp, evil—because God is joyful, warm, and good.
- Hell is unrighteousness, anxiety, and sadness —because God is righteousness, peace, and joy.
- Hell is sickness and pain—because only God is health and freedom.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
“7 And God will provide rest for you who are being persecuted and also for us when the Lord Jesus appears from heaven. He will come with his mighty angels,
8 in flaming fire, bringing judgment on those who don’t know God and on those who refuse to obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction, forever separated from the Lord and from his glorious power”
Hell is the total absence of what theologians call two things:
1. Common Grace- This is the grace that God is at present extending to the world. God allows EVERYONE common grace. Everyone receives the blessings of God’s creation, generosity and kindness—whether you honour or believe God or not.
2. Special Grace—This is the grace offered through Jesus—bringing anyone who receives this grace— into relationship with God.
Hell has no grace! Grace is not there—anywhere. There is no kindness. There is no help. There is no friendliness. There is no communication. There is no human touch. There is no kind words. Why? Because there is no grace.
Hell is the place many have longed for—a ‘God-less’ existence. But most, are not aware of what that means!