Living by faith

Paul tells the Roman church (see Romans 15:4 NLT)..."we wait patiently for God's promise to be fulfilled."

A follower of Christ, is a believer--one who has repented of sin and looks to Christ's death, burial, resurrection, and soon return--as the basis for purity, holiness, and right standing with God.  This is a Christian who must learn to live by faith.


Faith's Definition:



"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  For by it the elders obtained a good report.  Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Hebrews 11:1-3 KJV).


Note:

  • Faith sees things that are not yet present
  • What faith sees is 'the substance' --the un-seen things that ultimately will create a 'seen' thing

Paul's direction--We wait patiently:


  • My life as a believer means--there are things yet coming to me that, at present, are unseen
  • But, just because they are 'unseen' doesn't mean:
    • They don't exist (they exist in 'the substance' the unseen realm--the faith realm)
    • As a believer, by definition--I don't have to have everything in the 'seen' realm--many things exist in the 'unseen realm'
  • I wait patiently--in faith

Application:

  • Many things in my life --because of the 'unseen realm' remain a mystery--an ambiguity--I'm okay with that
  • A mystery is not a contradiction--is not an error---it is a mystery
  • I don't need a clear cut definitive on EVERYTHING in my spiritual journey
  • I am not aimlessly meandering through life--I have a clear 'unseen' destination
  • I am destined
    • for perfection
    • for complete union with Christ
    • for eternal presence and eternal joy in my Father's house
    • and while those things are 'unseen'  and full of mystery---I live by faith--so I wait patiently for God's promises for Peter to be fulfilled!
Now for the GREAT news:

Paul further explains in the Romans passage:
" May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other--each with the attitude of Christ Jesus toward the other. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  (Romans 15:5-6 NLT)


  • This patient waiting I need is NOT manufactured by myself!  
  • This is God's gift to me---WOW!  I need to surrender to this, and receive this--and live patiently  UNTIL the unseen becomes the seen
  • And--further---this results in living in harmony with others!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to hate your sin

Dumb Mistakes

Duh--What church should I attend?