Sitting at the feet of Jesus

“As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a village where a woman named Martha welcomed them into her home.” Luke 10:38, NLT.

Oh Jesus, how I want to welcome you into my home and into my life.  I want to welcome you into my every second of my breathing.  I am so empty and lost without you

So, I ask the question:  "Am I doing enough to welcome you?"
“Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught.” Luke 10:39, NLT.

*Sitting
*Listening
These are two difficult things in our busy, fast paced culture.
“But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are so upset over all these details! There is really only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it--and I won’t take it away from her.”” Luke 10:41, 42, NLT.
There is one thing  worth being concerned about.  There is one thing that is THE most important focus for me--sitting at the feet of Jesus:

1 Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
Oh, what words I hear Him say!
Happy place! so near, so precious!
May it find me there each day;
Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
I would look upon the past;
For His love has been so gracious,
It has won my heart at last. 

2 Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
Where can mortal be more blest?
There I lay my sins and sorrows,
And, when weary, find sweet rest;
Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
There I love to weep and pray;
While I from His fullness gather
Grace and comfort every day. 

3 Bless me, O my Savior, bless me,
As *I sit low at Thy feet; [*I’m waiting]
Oh, look down in love upon me,
Let me see Thy face so sweet;
Give me, Lord, the mind of Jesus,
Keep me holy as He is;
May I prove I’ve been with Jesus,
Who is all my righteousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to hate your sin

It's just too noisy!

Dumb Mistakes