Bible? Why bother reading it?

 

The objective word of God… needs to become the subjective word —-through Divine interaction between God and myself.





The Objective word of GOD.  Is pure, holy, powerful
Psalms 33:6-9 (NLT) 6 The LORD merely spoke,
and the heavens were created.
He breathed the word,
and all the stars were born.
7 He assigned the sea its boundaries
and locked the oceans in vast reservoirs.
8 Let the whole world fear the LORD,
and let everyone stand in awe of him.
9 For when he spoke, the world began!
It appeared at his command.

Matthew 8:8-9 (NLT) 8 But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. 9 I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”

There is NO issue at all with the power of the Word.

The issue is my connection to that word!
Hebrews 4:2 (KJV) 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it

I need to have faith that it IS the word of God (Like I did when I received salvation)!

So my interaction with the Word and the Spirit are essential for spiritual development and growth.
And for healing!! 
Romans 10:17 (KJV) 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I develop my sensitivity to the Spirit and to the Word—-in order to receive revelation.

So then the objective WORD becomes to me the subjective Word
Luke 8:18 (NLT) 18 “So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them.”

Luke 19:26 (NLT) 26 “‘Yes,’ the king replied, ‘and to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

Mark 4:24-25 (NLT) 24 Then he added, “Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given—and you will receive even more. 25 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.”

Matthew 13:12 (NLT) 12 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.

Matthew 25:29 (NLT) 29 To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

The more Word I receive the more Word I WILL receive.
Requires then
  • Constant exposure to the Word.
  • Constant sensitivity to the Spirit who authored the word.

The objective Word of God… needs to become the subjective Word for me.
1 Corinthians 2:10-16 (NLT) 10 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. 11 No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. 12 And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.
13 When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths. 14 But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. 15 Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. 16 For,
“Who can know the LORD’s thoughts?
Who knows enough to teach him?”
But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to hate your sin

It's just too noisy!

Dumb Mistakes