Discernment arising from relationship

Do you ever ask yourself this question: "I hope I'm not asking God for something that is wrong."

Think about this:


  • Saul--was doing the LORD'S work--arresting all those evil followers of Jesus--when Jesus knocks Saul off of Saul's horse and basically asks Saul, 'Hello Saul--guess who?  It's me Jesus!'
  • Think about the Israelites who cried and cried for a good meal of meat--which God gave them...and then God judged them and killed a bunch of them!
I just don't want to be asking the wrong thing--especially if God happens to grant it!

I've been thinking about the storms of life--which we all face.  In the gospels Jesus does one of three things to/in storms:


  1. He slept through them.
  2. He walks through them.
  3. He calms them. 

Now, for me--I like option three--calming storms. But what God needs me to sleep through them--or walk through them?

All of this then requires relationship and walking with the Lord.  This requires me to prioritize intimacy with God--and walking daily with the Spirit. Spirituality is not a form or a set of rules--it is an on-going growing relationship with God the Father, through the mediation of Jesus the Son--by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to hate your sin

It's just too noisy!

Dumb Mistakes