Am I a pretender? A Fake?


One true High Priest

One False Hight Priest



 John 18:19-24 (NLT) The High Priest Questions Jesus

19 Inside, the high priest began asking Jesus about his followers and what he had been teaching them. 20 Jesus replied, “Everyone knows what I teach. I have preached regularly in the synagogues and the Temple, where the people gather. I have not spoken in secret. 21 Why are you asking me this question? Ask those who heard me. They know what I said.”

22 Then one of the Temple guards standing nearby slapped Jesus across the face. “Is that the way to answer the high priest?” he demanded.

23 Jesus replied, “If I said anything wrong, you must prove it. But if I’m speaking the truth, why are you beating me?”

24 Then Annas bound Jesus and sent him to Caiaphas, the high priest.


One true High Priest

One False Hight Priest

1.  There is always a parallel system somewhere around.  This system is anti-Christ.  1 John 2:17-18 (WNT)  Dear children, the last hour has come; and as you once heard that there was to be an anti-Christ, so even now many anti-Christs have appeared. By this we may know that the last hour has come

2.   But this system is religious.  It is filled with passionate religionists.

3.   Religionism is not the answer, incarnational faith is.  For here was the true High Priest in front of a pseudo high priest.  Jesus the fulfillment of ‘high-priests’ who is about to offer the perfect sacrifice stood before a pretender, a fake, a person playing at religion, playing at leadership and ‘leading’ a God-less religion steeped in tradition and showmanship.

4.   Prudent is the soul that reads this and weeps and searches their own heart. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to hate your sin

It's just too noisy!

Duh--What church should I attend?